Saturday, October 15, 2016

Squared Up Sundays - 10/15

After a short break Squared Up is back! For the entire month of October we are going to be doing Halloween themed squares because of the beautiful holiday halloween truly is, to start us off we have a cute, sweet and simple pumpkin block.



The hardest part of this block would be lining the stem up correcting and cutting the fabric to go around it in the right manner, but over all this block would be quick easy and perfect for a little place mat at the table. Plus with all of the different colors pumpkins can be now, the color palettes you could use is endless.

I have been a bit obsessed with quilting lately and I can see this block being a perfect transition for more than just plain strip blocks which makes it very exciting and one that I might possibly try very soon.
With that in mind I am off to finish the quilt I am working on now and start on the next one,
I am ready to set sail (and hang the halloween decorations early),
                                       Ms. Sinking Ship

P.S. I have a few ideas for other segments I would like to start since this one is going so well, I put up a poll on the side, let me know you're guys favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment